Student Data Collection Tool
Health Education England (HEE) launched a nationally standardised Student Data Collection Tool in March 2020 for the collection of degree level (and above) courses in health and care (excluding medics and healthcare scientists).
Through this tool, HEE is collecting data related to:
- How many students are studying; what they are studying and where.
- How many students successfully complete their studies and over what time period.
- Student attrition on non-medical tariff supported pre-registration courses.
- Students attracting salary support.
- Clinical placement activity.
The collection of this data directly informs financial payments including Non-Medical Education and Training (NMET) Tariff payments (often referred to as “placement tariff”) and enables HEE to understand current and plan future student activity, and the future workforce.
Since its launch, several changes have been made to the Student Data Collection Tool, to reflect feedback received from stakeholders, and in particular the feedback received from education and placement providers.
Improvements for the next collection include:
- Updated organisational lists, including Private, Independent and Voluntary Organisations (PIVO).
- An updated, more detailed, and more accurate list of course titles.
- An updated, more accurate list of qualifications.
- A new column in the main template, ‘Service (IAPT Only)’ in the Salary Support Activity sheet. Please add the service area that the trainee is deployed in. We have included a pre-defined list services to the best of our knowledge, however there is also a free text option to add a service area if not captured in our LOV.
- The collection period now visible on the portal e.g., 1st November to 14th February 2021
- ‘Simulated‘ has been added to the list of LOV in the Placement Type column on the Placement Activity sheet. Please select this option to indicate where simulated/ remote placement activity has taken place.